Thank you. Those two little words can mean so much. Here are 201 different ways to say thank you, for any situation you might need them.
There are many, many ways to express our thanks and even more things that deserve our appreciation!
For those that like to express themselves verbally, here are 201 ways to say thank you in words.
Words are probably the most common method of sharing thanks, and also the easiest and most immediate.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
Ways to Say Thank You in Words
There are three basic categories of phrases listed below.
The first is casual ways to say thank you in words.
These phrases are more informal, and generally for milder expressions.
Examples would be saying thank you to a neighbor for giving you tomatoes from his backyard garden, or a friend dropping you at the airport.
Most often, this type of thank you would be spoken directly, or perhaps sent by text.
The second category includes somewhat more formal, or more effusive expressions.
Perhaps you are receiving an award at work, or someone has given a party in your honor. These phrases imply a bigger, deeper feeling of appreciation for a major gift, recognition, or honor.
Again, these words are most often spoken directly.
Finally, the last category is filled with phrases of thanks that are more commonly seen in writing, such as a formal thank you note or recommendation letter, or perhaps even a commemorative plaque.
The phrasing may be too stiff and formal for speaking out loud but is completely appropriate in writing.
Naturally, there are no hard and fast rules on exactly when you can use these phrases – it really just depends on your personal style, who you are thanking, and what you are comfortable with.
Nevertheless, there are certainly quite a few ways to say “thank you”.
See which ones work for you!
Casual Ways to Express Thanks
- All I can say is “Wow!”
- All I can say is, “Thanks!”
- Bless you.
- Friends like you are not easy to find.
- How did you know?
- How thoughtful of you!
- I appreciate you.
- I appreciate your flexibility.
- I appreciate your honesty.
- I appreciate your kind thoughts.
- I appreciate your taking the time.
- I appreciate your understanding.
- I owe you big time.
- I owe you one.
- I really appreciate everything you’ve done.
- I really appreciate it.
- I really needed this!
- I really want to thank you for your help.
- I see you.
- I thank you from my head to my toes.
- I think you’re the greatest (fill in the blank).
- I think you’re the greatest.
- I wish I could be as thoughtful as you. Thank you!
- I wish to thank everyone who pitched in.
- I won’t forget it.
- I’ll be sure to return the favor.
- I’m doing the happy dance.
- I’m in your corner.
- I’m really grateful for your help.
- I’m so lucky I have you.
- If I could say thank you in all of the languages in the world, I would do it!
- If I could, I’d jump through this card/email/phone and hug you right now.
- If I had a cent for every time I appreciate you, I’d be a millionaire.
- If you ever need anything…
- I’m feeling spoiled!
- I’m so glad I have you in my life.
- I’m so glad we are friends.
- It was so awesome of you to (fill in the blank).
- It was very thoughtful of you.
- It’s very kind of you.
- Let me know what I can do for you.
- Many thanks.
- My heart is still smiling.
- My heart just keeps thanking you and thanking you.
- Next one’s on me.
- Oh, you shouldn’t have!
- Shout-out to you!
- So glad you’re on my team.
- Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.
- Thank you berry much!
- Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- Thank you for being my angel.
- Thank you for being there for me.
- Thank you for everything you do.
- Thank you for everything.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you; you’re amazing!
- Thanks a bunch.
- Thanks a lot.
- Thanks a million.
- Thanks a ton.
- Thanks again, I couldn’t have done it without you.
- Thanks for being in my corner.
- Thanks for believing in me. I won’t disappoint you!
- Thanks for everything.
- Thanks for inviting me.
- Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
- Thanks so much.
- This is very kind of you.
- This means a lot to me.
- This really makes a difference.
- What would I do without you?
- You are always so helpful.
- You are an angel.
- You are so kind.
- You are the best!
- You have me if you need me.
- You knocked me off my feet!
- You made me smile from ear to ear.
- You made my day.
- You make me feel so lucky.
- You make me jump for joy.
- You make the world a nicer place.
- You never cease to make me smile.
- You read my mind!
- You rock.
- You shouldn’t have.
- You’re a life saver.
- You’re a sweetheart!
- You’re awesome for thinking of me.
- You’re awesome.
- You’re so helpful!
- You’re the best gift giver!
- You’re the best!
- You’ve saved my life.
- You’re a rock star.
- You’re a gem.
- You’re a genius.
- You’re a peach.
- You’re awesome.
- You’re the best.
More Formal or Effusive Words
- A million thanks to you!
- All my love and thanks to you.
- From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
- How can I ever possibly thank you?
- How can I ever thank you enough?
- How can I repay you?
- How can I show you how grateful I am?
- I am beyond grateful.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I am truly grateful for (fill in the blank).
- I can’t begin to thank you enough for (fill in the blank).
- I can’t thank you enough.
- I couldn’t be more grateful.
- I couldn’t have done it without you.
- I don’t know what to say!
- I don’t know what I would do without you.
- I have so much gratitude for you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- I tip my hat to you.
- I truly appreciate it.
- I truly appreciate your hard work.
- I will never forget this.
- I will never forget what you have done.
- I wouldn’t be where I am without you.
- I’ll forever be grateful.
- I’ll never forget this.
- I’m beaming with appreciation for you.
- I’m indebted to you.
- I’m so grateful.
- I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- If anyone deserves thanks, it’s you.
- If you could read my mind, then you’d know how grateful I am for you at this very moment.
- I’m humbled and grateful.
- I’m touched beyond words.
- It is an honor to accept this (fill in the blank).
- It is hard to find words to express my gratitude.
- Much appreciation.
- My gratitude knows no bounds.
- Thank you for going above and beyond!
- Thank you for taking the trouble to (fill in the blank).
- Thank you for your time today.
- Thank you very much.
- Thanks for making the time for (fill in the blank).
- Thanks for putting your trust in me.
- Thanks for taking the initiative.
- Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.
- This is so heartfelt. I can’t thank you enough.
- Words can’t describe how thankful I am.
- Words cannot describe how grateful I am.
- Words cannot express my gratitude.
- You are seriously incredible.
- You are the reason I made it.
- You are wonderful, generous, and kind.
- You have my gratitude.
- You have no idea how much this means to me.
- You knew exactly what I wanted/needed/dreamed of.
- You’re too kind!
- You’ve changed my life.
- You’ve really inspired me. You’ve made a huge difference.
More Formal Expressions Best Used in Writing
- A million thanks to you!
- All my love and thanks to you.
- I am eternally grateful.
- I am grateful for your support.
- I humbly thank you.
- I look forward to returning the favor.
- I thank you most warmly.
- I truly appreciate the confidence you showed in me.
- I truly appreciate you.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I value the insights and guidance you provide.
- I very much appreciate your help.
- I want you to know how much I value (fill in the blank).
- I want you to know how much I value your support.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I’d like to express my most sincere appreciation to you for (fill in the blank).
- I’m forever grateful.
- Please accept my deepest gratitude.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
- Please accept my endless gratitude.
- Please accept my sincerest thanks.
- Thank you for your assistance with (fill in the blank).
- Thank you for your assistance.
- Thank you for your attention.
- Thank you for your kind consideration.
- Thank you kindly.
- Thanks for your prompt response.
- You have been most helpful.
- You have my endless gratitude.
- You have my undying gratitude.
- You’re a blessing to me.
- You’re a dear.
- Your generosity overwhelms me.
- Your gesture is very kind.
- Your help was invaluable.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
- Your support and kindness is much appreciated.
- Your support is really appreciated.
- Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.
- 13 Memorable “Thank You” Gifts For Someone Special
- 10 Creative Homemade Gift Ideas for Everyone in Your Life
- How to Write a Thank You Note
Final Thoughts on How to Say Thank You: 201 Ways to Express Your Appreciation
Clearly, the English language is not at a loss for ways to express our thanks.
But do we do it often enough?
Do you say “thank you” multiple times a day?
Do you feel like you express your appreciation to whoever earns it or needs to hear it?
I’m curious to know how we can build a culture in which “thank you” is one of the most common phrases used by all. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!