Do positive affirmations work? Many people think they are just a temporary fix to make you feel good for a moment. But research has shown that, used consistently, positive affirmations really can lead to permanent changes in perspective. In this post, I’ll share positive affirmations for a happy life.
Every waking moment we are bombarded with all the various distractions of daily living. We lose touch with who we are, what is meaningful to us, and how we want to live our best lives.
Positive affirmations bring our higher desires back into consciousness. They help us maintain a higher level of self-awareness and focus on positive thoughts.
Affirmations can be a powerful tool to help you improve your mood and be more aware of the purposefulness of life.
Affirmations work because they have the ability to create positive internal change. Your behavior changes to match your positive mindset.
Read about Emotional Self-Care for Women Over 50
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
What is an Affirmation?
An affirmation is a simple sentence or phrase that is used to manifest a particular outcome.
Affirmations internalize our thoughts and feelings and help change our beliefs. This in turn helps us to change our behavior to match these beliefs.
An affirmation is, in its simplest form, a mindfulness tool.
Positive affirmations should be designed to reflect what you want to be true about who and what you want to become. You may struggle to believe them at first.
Over time, the consistent repetition of positive affirmations will help to reshape your inner beliefs and assumptions about yourself and the world around you. This reshaping gives you a more positive perception of who you are.
Eventually, you will come to truly believe an affirmation to be true. This will create permanent changes in your perceptions and behaviors.
Why Should We Use Affirmations?
- Affirmations can be a powerful way to help you reach your goals.
- They can build optimism and turn around a negative mindset.
- And they work most effectively if you repeat them until they become a consistent part of your self-talk.
- Even the Mayo Clinic recognizes that there are health benefits to affirmations.
What are the Benefits Of Positive Affirmations?
Research on affirmations shows that positive affirmations can:
- boost your problem-solving skills
- perform better under pressure
- make you more aware of your thought processes.
- encourage you to challenge negative thoughts.
- enhances your self-knowledge, making you better at knowing what you really want in life.
- reconnect you with feelings of gratitude.
- enhance your perspective on the good things in life.
- make you more optimistic.
Positive Affirmations for A Happy Life
- I choose happiness, and happiness chooses me.
2. I am filled with positive, loving energy.
3. I choose to shine.
4. Today I choose to inhale positive energy and exhale my fears.
5. My happy thoughts help create my healthy body.
6. I choose to be happy and to love myself today.
7. I find happiness in the little moments.
8. I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.
9. I choose to fill my day with gratitude, compassion, and kindness.
10. I am happy to be alive.
11. I am at peace with my past, in love with my present, and excited about my future.
12. By being myself, I bring happiness to others.
13. Something wonderful is going to happen to me today.
14. I am joyful every day and create joy for others.
15. Good things are going to happen.
16. Feelings of happiness come naturally to me.
17. Every day I smile and welcome more happiness into my life.
18. I have the power to create happiness for myself and others.
19. I focus on the positive and find happiness all around me.
20. I am worthy of all the joy life has to offer.
21. I am in the right place at the right time.
22. My life is an incredible gift.
23. I am happier than I was yesterday, but not as happy as I’ll be tomorrow.
24. I am creating happiness within myself.
25. I have the courage to fulfill my biggest dreams.
26. Today is a gift, and I embrace it with positivity.
27. I hold the key to my own happiness.
28. I accept that happiness is my true nature.
29. I am meant to live a happy life.
30. I deserve to be happy.
- 7 Essential Habits to Build a Healthy, Happy Life
- How to Be Happy: 10 Secrets to Living Life on the Sunny Side
- 25 Best Books About Happiness and Why You Should Read Them
Final Thoughts On 30 Positive Affirmations for A Happy Life
Ultimately, positive affirmations are tools to help make you more mindful and focused on the positive aspects of life.
With consistent use, you will internalize these statements, and learn that they are a true reflection of who you are.
Which positive affirmation for a happy life will you start with?
LIKE THIS POST? SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!
Lori is a happily 50+ woman striving to live her best life through self-awareness and self-care. She writes from experience, inspired by her own journey toward confidence, self-love, and positivity.
Holding degrees in Psychology, Education, and Nonprofit Management, Lori’s varied career has covered education administration, counseling, teaching, conference planning, and full-time motherhood. What do these roles all have in common? Caring for other people.
Today, Lori cares for others by promoting the benefits of self-care for mature women. She stands firm in her belief that through self-care, all women over 50 can feel confident, capable, and happy.