Quotes can inspire you at any time, for any reason. These gratitude quotes are designed to make you experience more appreciation for every day of your life. Read these 13 best gratitude quotes to find inspiration.
Gratitude is defined as the quality of being thankful; and readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
What a wonderful concept!
Who doesn’t want to be thankful, ready to show appreciation, and share kindness?
In my mind, these are some of the most basic foundations of our humanity.
The thirteen gratitude quotes below will surely lift your mood and make you more appreciative of the many wonderful things in your life.
What is Gratitude?
Robert Emmons, likely the world’s leading researcher on the subject of gratitude, expounds upon this by defining gratitude as having two basic parts:
- first, an affirmation of goodness, and
- second, that the sources of the goodness are outside of our own selves.
Gratitude is a positive feeling you have when someone does something for you.
Gratitude is similar in concept to being thankful.
Both are definitely related to the concept of kindness.
The essential difference is that you can feel thankful in general; grateful toward a person or people.
Regardless, the act of practicing gratitude is scientifically related to feelings of happiness. Therefore, it is most definitely worth practicing feeling and expressing gratitude.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
13 Gratitude Quotes to Inspire You Each and Every Day
Here are thirteen quotes about gratitude that I hope will inspire you, motivate you, and perhaps even create change in your thoughts and behaviors. Enjoy!
1. “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer – theologian, writer, humanitarian, philosopher, and physician
2. “Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” Anonymous
3. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” Melody Beattie – author of self-help books on codependent relationships, addiction, and recovery
4. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” Brian Tracy – Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, author on personal and business success
5. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” Zig Ziglar – author, salesman, and motivational speaker
6. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” A. A. Milne – writer, poet, playwright
7. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens – regarded by many as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era
8. “None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” Fred De Witt Van Amburgh – writer, lecturer, philosopher, publisher
9. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson – musician, actor, and activist
10. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Marcel Proust – novelist, critic, and essayist
11. “Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” Steve Maraboli – speaker, author, behavioral scientist
12. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” W. T. Purkiser – preacher, scholar, and author
13. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” Germany Kent – author, broadcast journalist, and social media etiquette expert
People Love Quotes Because Words Have an Impact
I have a thing for quotes. I love the way they can convey such deep meanings through just a few words.
Well-written quotes can lift you up, inspire you, motivate you, and even change your thoughts and behaviors.
Because I believe we can all use more gratitude in our lives, gratitude is the focus of this collection of quotes I have gathered.
There is kindness and good all around us in the world today, and for that, we should all express gratitude.
Want to encourage feelings of gratitude within yourself?
As you read through these quotes, see if any particularly resonate with you.
When one (or more) connects deeply, copy it down and post it in a prominent location, where you will see it several times throughout the day.
When you see it, take just a few seconds to read and re-read the message, reflect on it, and think about how you can embody that message in your daily life.
Consider changing out the quote once a week or once a month.
Alternatively, post two or three different quotes in various locations so that you get multiple messages about gratitude throughout your day.
Read More About Kindness:
- 40 Inspirational Quotes About Gratitude and Appreciation
- How to Build Gratitude With a Daily Affirmation
- 8 Great Gratitude Podcasts for 2024
- Gratitude 101: How to Practice Gratitude in Your Daily Routine
Final Thoughts on 13 Best Gratitude Quotes For Daily Reflection
Clearly, the more you focus on gratitude for what you have, the more you find that what you have is enough.
In this way, gratitude inspires us to be our best selves, connects us to others, and chases away envy.
Gratitude is a practice. The more effort you make to feel it, the more it will expand within you.
I hope these quotes have moved you in some tangible way to view your life through a lens of gratitude.
save these quotes on Pinterest
Lori is a happily 50+ woman striving to live her best life through self-awareness and self-care. She writes from experience, inspired by her own journey toward confidence, self-love, and positivity.
Holding degrees in Psychology, Education, and Nonprofit Management, Lori’s varied career has covered education administration, counseling, teaching, conference planning, and full-time motherhood. What do these roles all have in common? Caring for other people.
Today, Lori cares for others by promoting the benefits of self-care for mature women. She stands firm in her belief that through self-care, all women over 50 can feel confident, capable, and happy.