Last Updated on September 1, 2023 by Lori
Quotes can inspire you at any time, for any reason. These quotes are designed to make you experience more gratitude every day of your life. Read these 13 best gratitude quotes to find inspiration.
Gratitude is defined as the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
What a wonderful concept!
Who doesn’t want to be thankful, ready to show appreciation, and share kindness?
In my mind, these are some of the most basic foundations of our humanity.
The thirteen gratitude quotes below will surely lift your mood and make you more appreciative of the many wonderful things in your life.
What is Gratitude?
Robert Emmons, likely the world’s leading researcher on the subject of gratitude, expounds upon this by defining gratitude as having two basic parts:
- first, an affirmation of goodness, and
- second, that the sources of the goodness are outside of our own selves.
Gratitude is a positive feeling you have when someone does something for you.
Gratitude is similar in concept to being thankful.
Both are definitely related to the concept of kindness.
The essential difference is that you can feel thankful in general; grateful toward a person or people.
Regardless, the act of practicing gratitude is scientifically related to feelings of happiness. Therefore, it is most definitely worth making a practice of feeling and expressing gratitude.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
People Love Quotes Because Words Have an Impact
I have a thing for quotes. I love the way they can convey such deep meanings through just a few words.
Well-written quotes can lift you up, inspire you, motivate you, and even change your thoughts and behaviors.
Because I believe we can all use more gratitude in our lives, gratitude is the focus of this collection of quotes I have gathered.
There is kindness and good all around us in the world today, and for that, we should all express gratitude.
Want to encourage feelings of gratitude within yourself?
As you read through the quotes below, see if any particularly resonate with you.
When one (or more) connects in a powerful way, copy it down and post it in a prominent location, where you will see it several times throughout the day.
When you see it, take just a few seconds to read and re-read the message, reflect on it, and think about how you can embody that message in your daily life.
Consider changing out the quote once a week or once a month.
Alternatively, post two or three different quotes in various locations so that you get multiple messages about gratitude throughout your day.
13 Gratitude Quotes to Inspire You Each and Every Day
Here are thirteen quotes about gratitude that I hope will inspire you, motivate you, and perhaps even create change in your thoughts and behaviors. Enjoy!
1. Albert Schweitzer – theologian, writer, humanitarian, philosopher, and physician
2. Melody Beattie – author of self-help books on codependent relationships, addiction, and recovery
4. Brian Tracy – Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, author on personal and business success
5. Zig Ziglar – author, salesman, and motivational speaker
6. Willie Nelson – musician, actor, and activist
7. Charles Dickens – regarded by many as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era
8. Fred De Witt Van Amburgh – writer, lecturer, philosopher, publisher
9. Marcel Proust – novelist, critic, and essayist
10. A. A. Milne – writer, poet, playwright
11. Steve Maraboli – speaker, author, behavioral scientist
12. W. T. Purkiser – preacher, scholar, and author
13. Germany Kent – author, broadcast journalist, and social media etiquette expert
Read More About Kindness:
- 40 Inspirational Quotes About Gratitude and Appreciation
- How to Build Gratitude With a Daily Affirmation
- 13 Memorable “Thank You” Gifts For Someone Special
- Gratitude 101: How to Practice Gratitude in Your Daily Routine
Final Thoughts on 13 Best Gratitude Quotes For Daily Reflection
Clearly, the more you focus on gratitude for what you have, the more you find that what you have is enough.
In this way, gratitude inspires us to be our best selves, connects us to others, and chases away envy.
Gratitude is a practice. The more effort you make to feel it, the more it will expand within you.
I hope these quotes have moved you in some tangible way to view your life through a lens of gratitude.