Last Updated on September 9, 2023 by Lori
Have you ever heard the quote, “Real queens fix each other’s crowns, without telling the world they are crooked”? The first time I read Jen Hatmaker’s book “Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire”, my mind went straight to that saying. Jen is on a mission to straighten all of our crowns. Here are 10 favorite Jen Hatmaker quotes, so you can see what I mean.
“Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire: The Guide to Being Glorious You” is a powerful and inspiring book that encourages women to embrace their true selves, pursue their passions, and live a life of purpose and meaning.
If you haven’t read it already (it was published in 2020, so it’s not brand new), do yourself a favor and head to the local library, load up your Kindle, or grab a hardcover and get reading.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
What is The Book Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire About?
The goal of the book is to help women thrive – to be confident in their own identities, live according to their desires, and embrace self-empowerment.
One of the most impactful aspects of the book is Hatmaker’s emphasis on the importance of self-awareness and self-acceptance.
She encourages readers to embrace their strengths and weaknesses, quirks and flaws, and to stop trying to fit into societal expectations or cultural norms.
Another key theme of the book is the power of community and connection.
Hatmaker emphasizes the importance of surrounding oneself with supportive and loving people who can help us grow and thrive.
She encourages readers to use their own gifts and talents to make a positive impact in the world, whether through activism, creativity, or service.
Overall, “Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire” is a powerful and transformative book that offers a fresh perspective on what it means to live a fulfilling and authentic life.
Hatmaker’s writing is witty, relatable, and deeply heartfelt, as she shares her own experiences and challenges readers to take ownership of their lives and dreams.
10 Inspiring Jen Hatmaker Quotes from Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire:
Jen Hatmaker Quotes – Be Who You Are:
1.”The deepest parts of who we are rise up. They can’t help it. Let’s pay attention to them and give them a proper home in our lives, whether they fit tidily into all the categories or not.”
2. “Don’t be afraid to challenge an old paradigm when new internal evidence presents itself to the contrary.”
3. “Do the work and show up for your life, because you are the only one who can live it, and the rest of us need you.“
Jen Hatmaker Quotes – You Are Enough:
4. “There is nothing more life-giving than an environment that matches your volume. It is hard to put a price on being seen and valued as you are. When you don’t have to ratchet down or falsely inflate but are welcomed with your contents exactly intact, this is when we thrive.”
5. “You are well put together exactly how you are. You may be your sister’s keeper, but you are not her copy. Don’t look sideways. Don’t look to the media. Don’t look to your group’s norms. Don’t look to some reduced definition of womanhood or feminism. Whatever container you naturally fill is the perfect one. You take up the right amount of space. So take it up.”
Jen Hatmaker Quotes – Be Strong In Your Body:
6. “Your voice matters. You are not powerless. You are not required to shape-shift for belonging; this is not a real rule and you don’t have to follow it.”
Follow Your Dreams:
7. “Women are absolutely seeded with bright ideas, audacious goals, creative gifts begging to be brought forth. We have big thoughts. We see paths we are positively made to walk on. We want something big or beautiful or new or exciting. Pretending we don’t care or squashing our own instincts toward a dream doesn’t mean it isn’t still humming under the surface, jumping up and down to be noticed and named, begging for permission to materialize in our lives.”
8. “If you have a secret dream, a private desire, and you are refusing to bring it into the light of day, we actually need you. Have you considered that? Have you thought about what wonderfulness you are meant to bring to bear on this earth? There is an empty void right where your talent belongs. Literally, nobody else can do what you do in the way you do it.”
9. “Time to learn! Learning is underrated. We are surrounded by success stories and finished products. It seems like everyone is already at the party. But the humble process of starting at the very beginning of a skill, a space, a craft, an industry – this is the stuff that wakes your mind up and makes you feel alive.”
Choose Your Yeses:
10. “Let’s talk about yeses. Yeses are fun, or at least they certainly can be. Who doesn’t want to make room for a few metaphorical Yes Trips in her life? When chosen carefully, a well-placed yes can be the best decision of your life.“
- Are You Ready for a Personal Transformation?
- 15 Deceptively Simple Questions That Will Build Your Self-Awareness
- Finding Your True Self After Age 50
- 10 Character Traits That Make You a Better Person
Final Thoughts on 10 Brilliant Jen Hatmaker Quotes On Self-Acceptance
I hope this collection of Jen Hatmaker quotes has convinced you to listen to this woman! She speaks her truth so well and wants us all to be...exactly who we are.
Learn more about Jen Hatmaker at jenhatmaker.com.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE? SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!