Here are my five favorite products for mature skin – the best of 2021! I love these products because they are so gentle, yet so effective. They really will do wonderful things for your skin!
I realized I have not shared many of my favorite hair and skin products in some time – and my list has gone through some pretty big changes in the past few months.
I’m working on choosing a bit more budget-conscious products these days.
Also, I’m transitioning toward clean, toxin-free products – although I will admit the items on this list do not all qualify for that designation! I’m a work in progress, plus if it’s not truly a “clean” product but I’m still using it, it just means I really, really like the way it works.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
Where possible, I’ve linked to Amazon products. This makes it easy for you to get full products details and reviews for each product, as well as an easy way to purchase it if you choose to do so. I love the ease of being an Amazon Prime member!
What – you don’t have Amazon Prime?
Many of these products are also available at your local Target, Ulta, Sephora, and drug stores, or at any of those retailers’ online shops. Use the option that fits best in your shopping schedule.
Looking for my favorite hair care products? Find them here!
5 Facial Products That Will Do Wonders for Your Mature Skin
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Why am I starting with the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask?
- Softening balm texture for quick absorption
- Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants
- Hyaluronic acid and minerals lock in moisture
A generous layer of this soothing mask at bedtime does amazing things to my lips! The flakiness disappears and I wake up to soft, smooth lips. I use it during the daytime, too!
Oh, and this stuff smells like a dream!
Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream
Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream is my new favorite daily moisturizer.
- Loaded with Hyaluronic Acid
- Oil-Free so it’s not greasy – even in the summer!
- The gel slips on, spreads easily, and disappears!
My daughter introduced me to Summer Fridays (thanks, Meaghan!) and I have been addicted ever since! In fact, my next pick is also from Summer Fridays…
Summer Fridays Soft Reset AHA Exfoliating Solution
- A powerful, three-in-one solution packed with 16 percent AHAs and niacinamide
- Exfoliates and visibly brightens skin while reducing the appearance of pores
- Smooths the look of fine lines and visibly reduces other signs of aging
This one’s a powerhouse! I only use it at night and let it do its thing while I sleep.
I love every product I’ve tried in the Summer Fridays brand, including Jet Lag Mask, Super Amino Gel Cleanser, CC Me Serum. If this brand is new to you, I honestly cannot recommend it highly enough. Try it – you’ll see!
EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 is unquestionably the best face sunscreen I have ever used. No big surprise, as it was recommended by my dermatologist!
- Zinc oxide facial sunscreen with broad- spectrum coverage protects against UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Helps calm and protect sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and discoloration
No creepy white face after you apply this – it sinks in quickly and completely.
I use this every morning, sometimes on its own and sometimes under makeup. And yes, I use sunscreen all year round. Doctor’s orders! It is so worth it to get that extra protection as I go about my day, whether I’m outside a lot or just getting indirect sun in the car or house.
Other Elta products available include Skin Recovery Face Serum, Barrier Renewal Complex Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid, and Renew Eye Gel for Dark Circles. Full disclosure, I have only used the sunscreen but I suspect I’d like these others, too!
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile and Lavender
I keep a travel-size Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile and Lavender in my pool/beach bag so that I can grab it anytime I need a quick face refresh!
I keep another in my purse.
And a third in my car.
- Boosts dull, fatigued skin with an infusion of botanicals
- Leaves skin feeling cool, clean and refreshed
- Vitamin C-enriched
Read More About My Favorite Products:
- The Best Sun Protection for Mature Skin
- 7 Essential Products to Make Your Mature Skin Glow
- 4 Products That Will Transform Your Fine, Thin, Aging Hair
- Everything You Need to Know About Shopping with Amazon Prime
Final Thoughts on 5 of the Best Skincare Products for Women Over Fifty
If you have mature skin, or want to keep your young skin in top condition – you’ll want to give these products a try:
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream
- Summer Fridays Soft Reset AHA Exfoliating Solution (honestly, everything in the Summer Fridays line!)
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile and Lavender
Be sure to drop me a note in the comments below if you have tried – or do try – any of these great products, or if you’ve got others you’d like to recommend! Experimenting is fun!