Are you shopping with Amazon Prime yet?
Talk about Simple Living! Amazon, as we all know, has the widest inventory of any retailer, anywhere, all available at the click of a button. But Amazon Prime offers so much more!
If you have ever made a purchase from Amazon, you should strongly consider an upgrade to Amazon Prime. It’s been a life-saver for me, particularly during COVID restrictions.
Once you get used to using Prime, it’s hard to readjust to shopping in stores!
I’m going to give you some great reasons why I use Amazon Prime, and also show you how and when to try Prime out for FREE! All you have to do is click on any of the links or images in this post.
I, of course, can remember Amazon’s humble beginnings as an on-line bookstore.
Yep, that really wasn’t so long ago. Do you remember, too?
In those brief years that we raised and launched our children, Amazon grew up, too, until it became the everything-to-everyone behemoth that it is today.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog. See my disclosure page for details..
What Is Amazon Prime?
Most people are familiar with the online Amazon store and have at least heard about Amazon Prime. But, do you know exactly what Prime is?
Essentially, Amazon Prime is an annual service available to any shopper. Standard membership is $119 per year (don’t tune out at that – there are a LOT of perks, and you can get a FREE membership today)
The most outstanding perk of Amazon Prime is fast, free shipping on your purchases.
Usually, this means your packages arrive in a day or two – but same-day shipping is also a possibility.
Given the state of the world at the moment – and the vast array of products available – Amazon Prime makes online shopping a safe, efficient, and cost-effective means of purchasing everything from groceries to furniture, and everything in between.
You may or may not know that free shipping is just one of many benefits of shopping with Amazon Prime.
What are the benefits of Amazon Prime?
The benefits of shopping with Amazon Prime are really quite impressive.
Just as the company has expanded from a simple bookstore, Prime expanded its benefits to include:
- Free Two-Day Shipping
- Free One-Day and Same-Day Delivery in select areas
- Ultrafast Grocery Delivery – FREE two-hour delivery on groceries, including quality fresh food and produce (in select cities).
- Prime Reading – unlimited access on any device to more than a thousand eBooks, popular magazines, comics, books with Audible narration and more. Select 4-month magazine subscriptions are only $0.99.
- Stream thousands of movies and tv shows, including exclusive Amazon Originals with Prime Video. This is one perk we use all the time in our house!
- Prime Music – You can listen to over two million songs and browse Prime Playlists. Another of my favorite benefits!
- Prime Wardrobe – Try on clothes, shoes, and accessories from the comfort of your own home, and only pay for what you keep.
- Amazon Photos – Store. Print. Share. Unlimited photo storage, custom print options and the ability to share pics with friends and family. Someday when I get my photos organized – this is how I will be doing it!
- Enjoy exclusive brands and early access to deals available only to Prime members
- Amazon Prime Day – Prime members get the exclusive perk of shopping annual Prime Day deals. Yay for Prime Day!
And, no, that’s not all!
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Ah, Prime Day. It’s like shopping on Black Friday (that horrible retail extravaganza that threatens to ruin Thanksgiving every year.)
Except that on Prime Day,
- you DON’T get up in the middle of the night,
- you DON’T have to drive to any stores,
- there are NO crowds,
- you’ll have NO panic that you are missing out on a deal, and
- you don’t have to haul all those purchases around.
- Oh, and of course, it doesn’t cut into your Thanksgiving celebrations with family and friends!
I refuse to do any shopping at all on Black Friday. But I love a little Prime Day!
You can shop Prime Day in your pajamas, on your couch, drinking hot coffee and catching up on “Grace and Frankie.”
In short – you get stress-free shopping with Amazon Prime.
Who doesn’t want that?
Amazon offers more than 1 million deals through the 48-hour event and its discounts are exclusively for Amazon’s 150 million Prime members.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
In past years, has been held in July, but in 2020 it was switched to October 13 and 14. Then in 2021 it was held in June.
For 2022? The exact dates are anyone’s guess. Amazon usually announces the dates a couple of months in advance. Rumors on the internet are for late July, though…take that for whatever it’s worth!
New Prime members – even those using the free 30-day trial – have full access to Prime Day discounts.
What Are the Best Deals on Prime Day?
Of course, deals are only worthwhile if they are available on things you want and need.
And that’s the beauty of Amazon.
The Prime Day sale covers every product category Amazon offers: tech, beauty, home and kitchen, fashion, and smart home are just a few of the huge variety of items that will be discounted.
Amazon’s in-house clothing brands (already inexpensive and good quality!) are usually discounted up to 40%, and of course, there are lots of beauty products, home goods, and giftable items.
How Should You Prepare for Amazon Prime Day?
First and foremost if you are not a Prime Member, sign up right away for FREE for 30 daysTry Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener sponsored nofollow”>! You will want to sign up within a month of Prime Day, so you are ready for when these deals go live. You can click on any of the links or images on this page.
Search Ahead of Time for Prime Day Deals
You can use the search bar on the Amazon site by selecting “prime day” under categories, then enter your item you wish to search.
Check Out Amazon’s Gift Guides
Not sure how to choose the perfect gifts? Amazon has created more than sixteen Holiday gift guides for everyone on your list.
Add Items to a Wishlist
Create a wishlist for items you are interested in. Amazon will then send you an alert if there is a price drop on any of these items, so you don’t have to constantly check for discounts.
Final Thoughts on What’s So Great About Shopping With Amazon Prime?
Now that you are armed with a whole lot more knowledge, how do you feel about shopping with Amazon Prime?
Are you already a regular, or just thinking about getting your feet wet?
If you don’t already have a Prime membership, I really want to encourage you to try a FREE membership right now! It’s so easy – click on any of the text links or images on this page to get started.
Access all of the benefits of Prime Day shopping during your free trial – and then if it’s not for you, simply cancel with no charge.
And now, if you’ll pardon me, my doorbell just rang – maybe it’s another delivery from Amazon!